Multi-Platform Gamepad Firmware for RP2040
GP2040-CE (Community Edition) is a gamepad firmware for the Raspberry Pi Pico and other boards based on the RP2040 microcontrollers that combines multi-platform compatibility, low latency and a rich feature set to provide endless customization possibilities without sacrificing performance.
GP2040-CE is compatible with PC, PS3 and PS4, Nintendo Switch, Steam Deck, MiSTer and Android.
Full documentation can be found at https://gp2040-ce.info
- Select from 5 input modes: XInput, Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS3 and Keyboard
- Overclocked polling rate for an average of 0.77ms of input latency in Xinput, Switch and Dinput modes and on average 1.72 for Playstation 4/5.
- Multiple SOCD cleaning modes - Up Priority (a.k.a. Stickless), Neutral, and Second Input Priority.
- Left and Right stick emulation via D-pad inputs as well as dedicated toggle switches.
- Dual direction via D-pad + LS/RS.
- Reversed input via a button.
- Turbo and Turbo LED with selectable speed
- Per-button RGB LED support.
- PWM Player indicator LED support (XInput only).
- Multiple LED profiles support.
- Support for 128x64 monochrome I2C displays - SSD1306, SH1106, and SH1107 compatible.
- Custom startup splash screen and easy image upload via web configuration.
- Support for passive buzzer speaker (3v or 5v).
- Built-in, embedded web configuration - No download required!
Visit the GP2040-CE Usage page for more details.
Input latency is tested using the methodology outlined at WydD's inputlag.science website, using the default 1000 Hz (1 ms) polling rate in the firmware.
|Version||Mode||Poll Rate||Min||Max||Avg||Stdev||% on time||%1f skip||%2f skip|
|v0.7.5||All modes (except PS4)||1 ms||0.45 ms||1.28 ms||0.77 ms||0.24 ms||96.27%||3.73%||0%|
|v0.7.5||PS4 Mode||1 ms||1.34 ms||2.01 ms||1.72 ms||0.16 ms||90.55%||9.45%||0%|
Full results can be found in the GP2040-CE Firmware Latency Test Results .xlsx Sheet.
Want to help improve GP2040-CE? There are a bunch of ways to contribute!
Have an idea for a cool new feature, or just want to discuss some technical details with the developers? Join the OpenStick GP2040-CE Discord server to participate in our active and ever-growing community!
Pull requests are welcome and encouraged for enhancements, bug fixes and documentation updates.
Please respect the coding style of the file(s) you are working in, and enforce the use of the
.editorconfig file when present.
- FeralAI for building GP2040 and laying the foundation for this community project
- Ha Thach's excellent TinyUSB library examples
- fluffymadness's tinyusb-xinput sample
- Kevin Boone's blog post on using RP2040 flash memory as emulated EEPROM
- bitbank2 for the OneBitDisplay and BitBang_I2C libraries, which were ported for use with the Pico SDK
- arntsonl for the amazing cleanup and feature additions that brought us to v0.5.0
- alirin222 for the awesome turbo code (@alirin222 on Twitter)
- deeebug for improvements to the web-UI and fixing the PS3 home button issue
- TheTrain and Fortinbra for helping keep our community chugging along
- PassingLink for the technical details and code for PS4 implementation
- Youssef Habchi for allowing us to purchase a license to use Road Rage font for the project